Updated Core Protocols and COVID19 Safety Plan – for the “New Normal” Phase 2B
To establish personal, social, and workplace protocols that must be followed as part of the Return to Work Plan during the time of a pandemic/epidemic outbreak.
This policy applies to all permanent employees and to contractors who have assigned workstations in the Conwest offices, as specified herein.
Personal Protocols for the “New Normal”
• No handshaking as the new normal.
• Practice good hygiene; frequent hand washing, avoid touching one’s face; respiratory etiquette; disinfect surfaces throughout the day.
• Maintain reasonable physical distancing (minimum of 2 meters) as much as possible; no queuing at the coffee station or in the Copy Room.
• If you have symptoms of illness you must stay at home until those symptoms have completely disappeared, no exceptions (see Revised Sick and Injury Leave Policy).
• For individuals at increased risk (over 60 years old or compromised immune systems), take extra precautions; use masks, stay home where possible.• If you take transit, consider using masks and gloves while travelling.
• Keep your social circles small to respect your fellow co-workers, and immediately report to HR any contact with anyone that has COVID and follow the Revised Sick and Injury Leave Policy.
Social Interaction Protocols for the “New Normal”
• Ensure congregate social settings (kitchen/lounge) and common areas (bathrooms/hallways/ boardrooms) maintain physical distancing. Maximum occupant loads for each space are:
- Small View boardroom – no more than 2 people meeting
- Large View boardroom – no more than 6 people meeting
- Internal boardroom – no more than 3 people meeting
- Collaboration – no more than 10 people meeting
- Gym – no more than 2 people working out
- Kitchen – no more than 8 people to use the kitchen/eating area at one time
- Unit 36 – no more than 6 people to use the space at one time
- Guests – maximum 10 per day, subject to advance approval of Health Pre-Screening Questionnaire
- Maximum occupant load for entire office – 40 people
Note, the occupancy limits will be posted on the rooms and available on our website.
• Whenever possible do not have outside guests attend meetings in-person. . Restrict number of outside guests attending a meeting to ensure physical distancing measures can be followed, and in keeping with the maximum occupant load for the entire office. All meetings with external guests must be approved by your Manager. The Small View, Large View, and Internal boardrooms are to be used for meetings with outside guests wherever possible. The Collaboration room is intended for internal meetings.
• Restrict outside trades to evenings or weekends.
• ALL outside guests and ALL trades to submit COVID-19 Pre-Screening Checklist prior to visiting Conwest Offices.