Core Protocols and COVID-19 Safety Plan – for the “New Normal”
To establish personal, social, and workplace protocols that must be followed as part of the Return to Work Plan during the time of a pandemic/epidemic outbreak.
This policy applies to all permanent employees and to contractors who have assigned workstations in the Conwest offices, as specified herein.
Personal Protocols for the “New Normal”
• No handshaking as the new normal.
• Practice good hygiene; frequent hand washing, avoid touching one’s face; respiratory etiquette; disinfect surfaces throughout the day.
• Maintain reasonable physical distancing (minimum of 2 meters) as much as possible; no queuing at the coffee station or in the Copy Room.
• If you have symptoms of illness you must stay at home until those symptoms have completely disappeared, no exceptions (see Revised Sick and Injury Leave Policy).
• For individuals at increased risk (over 60 years old or compromised immune systems), take extra precautions; use masks, stay home where possible.
• If you take transit, consider using masks and gloves while travelling.
Social Interaction Protocols for the “New Normal”
• Ensure congregate social settings (kitchen/lounge) and common areas (bathrooms/hallways/ boardrooms) maintain physical distancing. Maximum occupant loads for each space are:
- Small View boardroom – no more than 2 people meeting
- Large View boardroom – no more than 6 people meeting
- Internal boardroom – no more than 3 people meeting
- Collaboration – no more than 7 people meeting
- Gym – no more than 1 person working out
- Kitchen – no more than 6 people to use the kitchen/eating area at one time
- Maximum occupant load for entire office – 25 people
Note, the occupancy limits will be posted on the rooms and available on our website.
• Whenever possible do not have outside guests attend meetings in-person. Restrict number of outside guests attending a meeting to ensure physical distancing measures can be followed, and in keeping with the maximum occupant load for the entire office.
• Restrict outside trades to evenings or weekends.
• ALL outside guests and ALL trades to submit COVID-19 Pre-Screening Checklist prior to visiting Conwest Offices.
• Keep outside lunches with others to a minimum and only in spaces where distancing measures can be followed.
• Buffet-style lunches are prohibited, individually packaged lunches per person only.
• Beer Fridays to be enjoyed outdoors only, no shared snacks.
Workplace Protocols for the “New Normal”
• You must adhere to the Revised Sick and Injury Leave policy when you have symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19 and must NOT come into the workplace. Report symptoms to COVID Clinic and prepare to at least self-isolate for a minimum of 48 hours before getting tested.
• All workers are required to use touchless Purell dispensers located at the entrances when entering the office.
• For office-based employees, where possible work from home part of the time to reduce “contact intensity” and “number of contacts” in the workplace.
• Seating at workstations to be staggered in a zig-zag pattern leaving one empty workstation between each employee. The seating has been designated to an employee; do not share or relocate unless directed by HR.
• Forgo in-person meetings as much as possible; use technology for virtual meetings. Internal meetings will only occur in meeting rooms, no person-to-person meetings to be held at desks.
• Follow limit of one person using the Gym at a time until further notice, with 30-minute intervals between users. The window and door in the gym to be kept open during workouts. Equipment to be wiped down after use with medical grade wipes provided.
• All windows in the office to be open through the day for maximum air flow.
• Follow signage for proper use of the Elevators – only 4 people in the elevator at one time, standing in the designated corners as marked, allowing passengers to exit before entering, and waiting 2 meters away and apart to use the elevator.
• Ensure increased cleaning throughout the day. Receptionist will wipe down common equipment and door handles throughout the day. Staff to wipe down boardroom tables/chairs after use. Janitorial staff have been instructed to deep clean the premises at every visit.
All employees and contractors are expected to comply with these protocols given the serious nature of a breach of the policy.