“Our most valuable resource is our people: committed, driven, creative and engaged with a collaborative spirit and the desire for excellence in a team environment.”
The Conwest Team is a committed, driven and creative group with a collaborative spirit and a desire for excellence. Conwest offers a dynamic team environment with growth potential and a competitive remuneration & benefits package.
If you’re interested in joining the Conwest team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable for the development group of companies, as well as assisting the Senior Accountants with some job cost and general ledger entries. This role also provide support and assistance for period end reporting. You will have overall responsibility and accountability for your work load. Interaction with project teams and communication with suppliers and other employees is important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
- Distribute, track, code and post AP invoices, including holdback invoices.
- Reconcile monthly statements and maintain vendor files.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors.
- Prepare cheque runs and manual cheques for development companies.
- Prepare and post progress billings and manual AR invoices.
- Collect and post payments from customers; ensure payments applied to appropriate invoices.
- Review AR aging report and notify Development Managers/Project.
- Managers for any discrepancies and overdue receivables.
- Follow up with customers for accounts in arrears.
- Enter direct cost entries as required.
- Input actual results into monthly consolidated cashflow process by project.
- Back up to Project Analyst in entering budget change requests into job cost system.
- General Ledger and Period-end.
- Prepare monthly import of property management accounting data from external property management companies.
- Assist Senior Accountant in entering GL journal entries as required (amortizations/accruals, etc.).
- Assist with monthly working paper updates.
- Assist with quarter-end and year-end working paper package preparations.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and intermediate Excel.
- Able to work well independently and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Self-motivated to accomplish objectives.
- Relevant industry and Timberline experience would be an asset.